TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR WEDDING RECEPTION
All reservations for private banquet functions are made upon and subject to the rules and regulations of ESKAYA BEACH RESORT & SPA, and are subject to the following conditions:
1. The menu and all other details of your event(s) are to be finalized a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the date of your event(s) and are subject to the terms and conditions described herein.
2. A 12% sales tax will be added to all food, beverage, accommodations and other charges. A 10% service charge will be added to food & beverage only.
3. A deposit of 50% of the total amount (after adding 12% tax) is required on ____________ to reserve the above venue and will be credited to the total cost of your event(s). However, this deposit may not be refunded in the event you cancel all or part of your function. Please see paragraph 13 below.
4. The estimated outstanding balance is due and payable 8 working days in advance of the function.
5. All details of the food and beverages to be served shall be set forth on a separate menu. Wines and liquor can be ordered during the event and should be paid separately from the menu price.
6. The guaranteed number of attendees must be communicated to the Resort’s Sales Office in Pasig City, Metro Manila not less than 8 full working days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays), prior to the function. The change of each additional person set up at Client’s request after the eight (8) day period prior to event will be made and Client agrees to pay at Resort’s established rate of Php_______ per person according to the menu selected. Final charges will be based on the guaranteed number of attendees (or number of persons for which the event was originally booked, if no guaranteed number is provided) or the total number served, whichever is greater.
7. The Resort will charge one-half the menu price per person for musicians and photographers directly contracted by Client not exceeding five persons. For those contracted by the Resort, the Resort will shoulder their meal expenses.
8. The Resort reserves the right to substitute items that become unavailable in the open market or that exceeds reasonable market costs. The Resort will notify Client for approval if time allows.
9. Most of our menu items are sold on a per guest basis, with portion sizes determined by our kitchen staff. A 5% allowance in food preparation over the guaranteed number will be given on all events. Since food is prepared in advance, we will not release leftover food to you or your guests for health or safety reasons. Wines and liquor that have been opened should not be brought out of the resort as left-over.
10.Venues to choose from for the event are: Lantawan Restaurant; Main Poolside; Gardens and Beach. The venue designated for your event carries a minimum and a maximum attendance number. If your final guaranteed number is lower or higher than these numbers, the Resort reserves the right to transfer your party to another venue listed above. If not all villas are reserved by the Client on wedding day, reception is not allowed in Lantawan Restaurant to give way to checked-in guests who are not guests in the wedding.
11. The Resort reserves the right to charge a service fee for set-up of rooms or other areas of the Resort with extraordinary requirements.
12. No changes to the menu may be made by the Client within the eight-day period preceding the event.
13. Cancellation Policy: Your advance deposit will not be refunded in the event you cancel your event with the Resort. In addition, a cancellation fee may be charged to you and payable upon demand in the event of cancellation of all or part of your program after acceptance of this booking by the Resort. The fee will be based on banquet pricing in effect at the time notification of cancellation is received by the Resort. These amounts are due as liquidated damages and not as a penalty. The following schedule will apply:
0 – 30 days. . . . . . . . . .100%
31-60 days. . . . . . . . . . .50%
61-90 days. . . . . . . . . . .25%
Should another Client rebook the venue and date with comparable function after cancellation by the Client, all or a portion of the advance deposit and cancellation fee will be refunded to the Client accordingly.
14. All displays, exhibits and decorations must conform to the Province’s Building Code and Fire Ordinances and should be free standing without attachment to walls, ceilings or floors. Decorations or centerpieces incorporating candles or any device emitting a flame must be approved by and have a valid permit from the Resort or Fire Department (if required) in order to be used for the given function. This signed permit must be issued for the specific event, and be on file in the Resort’s security office prior to the start of the function. If a permit is not obtained, the Resort reserves the right to remove or alter the centerpieces and other devices in order to comply with the fire code of the Resort.
15. The Client shall be responsible for any damages (including property damages and/or personal injuries) suffered or incurred by the Resort or any employee or staff member of the Resort arising out of or resulting from the acts or omissions of the Client or any guest of or outside contractors hired by the Client with respect to the Event. The Client further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Resort, the manager of the Resort, any entities affiliated therewith and their officers, directors and employees (the “Indemnities”) from all actions, costs, claims, losses, expenses and/or damages, including attorney’s fees, arising out of or resulting from the Client’s use of the services and facilities of the Resort unless the same are due to the negligence or willful misconduct of the Indemnities or any one or more of them.
16. All displays, exhibits, decorations, equipment and musicians must enter and exit the Resort through the Main Gate and/or security office. Delivery and pick-up times must be coordinated with the Resort in advance.
17. All musicians, entertainers contracted by the Client must be approved by ESKAYA BEACH RESORT & SPA.
18. The Resort reserves the right to regulate the volume of music played during the function.
19. No food or beverages of any kind may be brought into the Resort by the Client without the written permission of the Resort and are subject to such service, corkage fees and/or labor charges as are deemed necessary by the Resort.
20. If for any reason beyond its control, including but not limited to strike, labor dispute, accident, act of war, act of God, fire, flood or other emergency condition, the Resort is unable to perform its obligations under this Agreement, such non-performance is excused and the Resort may terminate the Agreement without further liability of any nature, upon return of the Client’s deposit. In no event shall the Resort be liable for consequential damages of any nature for any reason whatsoever.
21. The Resort reserves the right to inspect and control all private functions. The Resort cannot assume liability for any personal property or equipment of Client or Client’s guests or invitees brought to the Resort.
22. Nobody is allowed to carry a firearm inside the Resort. Any licensed gun owner must deposit his firearm(s) with the Resort’s Security. If he is an armed security guard of the Client or his guests, he may carry a concealed firearm and must present valid driver’s license and a valid private guard license with a firearms authorization endorsement from the concerned government agency. If he doesn’t perform the functions of an armed security guard, then he must deposit the same with the Resort’s security.
23. The person signing this contract warrants and represents that no illegal substance such as drugs or marijuana shall be brought or used during the private banquet function and agrees to indemnify the Resort for any and all damages it may suffer as a result of the breach of this warranty and representation.
24. No event will be permitted to run over the time agreed upon which is 10:00 P.M. with allowance of one hour for the contractors and cleaners to clean up. No guests are allowed to stay longer in the Resort for 30 minutes or more.
25. A minimum accommodation of two (2) villas for one (1) night on wedding day is required.